Steve Wynn puts Beverly Hills mansion on the market

by Ethan Anderson Last Updated
Steve Wynn puts Beverly Hills mansion on the market

Casino mogul Steve Wynn has whacked a massive price tag on his Beverly Hills mansion.

The billionaire businessman is known for his opulent hotels, resorts and casinos, such as the golden Wynn in Las Vegas, and his home offers a glimpse into the lavish private lifestyle he enjoys.

News.com.au reports the 78-year-old is one of the top 300 richest Americans with his personal wealth estimated at A$4.2 billion, made through his casinos across the United States and China.

The 11-bedroom, white mansion commands views over Las Angeles from its floor to ceiling windows and sits on more than 2.5 square kilometres of land.

It has a master suite with dual bathrooms and walk-in wardrobes, four guest bedrooms each with an ensuite, an office, a tennis court with air-conditioned viewing area, a home theatre, a wine room, gym, spa suite and pool complete with a poolhouse with a kitchen.

The palatial Los Angeles estate is located on a private, gated road off the celebrity-stacked Beverly Hills address of Benedict Canyon Drive.

Mr Wynn is an avid art collector, with pieces by Picasso and Claude Monet hanging in his hotels and the images on his own walls illustrate his keen interest in the finer things in life.

Mansion Global reports the home has been listed for A$227 million.

Before Covid-19 hit American, it was a price that would not have been scoffed at.

Last month, the world’s richest man, Amazon boss Jeff Bezos paid US$165 million for David Geffen’s stunning Beverly Hills home.

Earlier this month, one of the grandest homes in the world-famous suburb, The Beverly House, which featured in The Godfather film, was put on the market for US$125 million.

American’s most expensive house, Bel Air’s “The One”, was set to go on the market for an astronomical price of US$750 million, but coronavirus has temporarily halted those (plans).

Wynn Resorts responds to coronavirus

Wynn Resorts’ Las Vegas properties have increased staff at buffet stations as part of preventative measures amid the coronavirus outbreak, which the World Health Organisation now classified as a pandemic.

Casino News Daily reports that Wynn Resorts, owner and operator of the Wynn Las Vegas and Encore casino resorts on the Las Vegas Strip said on Wednesday that it has undertaken a number of measures to protect guests and employees at its properties.

The casino operator said that high-traffic public areas would be sanitised more often, touch points such as handrails, elevator buttons and door handles would be cleaned multiple times throughout the day and slot machines and restaurant counters would be wiped down more regularly.

Wynn Resorts noted that The Buffet at its Wynn property will remain open.

However, the company has placed staff at each food station to serve guests so that they would not need to touch the utensils.

News about the buffet staying open emerged shortly after Wynn Resorts rival MGM Resorts International announced that it would close buffets at all of its Las Vegas casino resorts as a precaution.

In a letter to guests, Wynn Resorts chief executive officer Matt Maddox said that the company has also changed its reservation policies amid concerns over the spread of Covid-19.

Guests can cancel reservations in advance

Guests at Wynn Resorts’ Las Vegas properties can now cancel their hotel reservations 72 hours in advance without facing penalty if they book via the company’s website or directly calling the hotel.

Members of Wynn’s rewards program, Wynn Insider, can cancel their reservations 48 hours in advance, without facing penalty.

Reservations for performances at Wynn properties between Wednesday, March 11 and April 30 can, too, be cancelled with a full refund.

Mr Maddox said Wednesday that Wynn is “committed to doing everything we can to make Wynn and Encore a respite when you visit one of our resorts” and that they have raised their usual cleanliness and health safety measures so that guests “can count on us to be a travel leader in meeting the challenge of the coronavirus.”

Back to top