Australian Open Day 5 Womens Tennis Preview, Tips And Betting
Round 3 action from Melbourne park today and the Australian Open womens singles matches and plenty of the main hopes on centre stage with Henin, Wozniacki, Williams, Sharapova and Li all on court.
One of the interesting matches will be the Williams vs Petkovic game with Williams seeming to break down in her round 2 game against Sandra Zahlavova, only to return to the court and take the win in 3 sets. Petkovic will almost certainly not let Williams play at anything less than 100% and win this, so an entertaining if not profitable afternoon is ahead of us.
Day 5 Australian Open prices are quoted from this morning’s Iasbet womens tennis singles betting odds.
Australian Open Day 5 Womens Singles Matches
Rod Laver Arena
- Top seed and world number 1 Caroline Wozniacki is $1.20 to beat 29th seed Dominika Cibulkova ($4.50)
- Justine Henin is quoted at $1.34 favourite in her game against 23rd seed Svetlana Kuznetsova
- Injured Venus Williams is the outsider at $1.95 to beat German Andrea Petkovic who is quoted as a $1.85 hope to beat her.
- Giant killer Julia Goerges is $2.95 to beat Maria Sharapova who is rated a $1.40 to win
Margaret Court Arena
- Monica Niculescu is $2.40 in her game against Francesca Schiavone who is $1.57
- China’s Na Li will go in as a $1.15 favourite against Barbora Zahlavova Strycova at $5.40
Show Court 2
- South African Chanelle Scheepers has little chance at $11.00 of beating $1.04 hope Victoria Azarenka
Show Court 3
- Anastasija Sevastova is $1.67 to win her game against Vesna Manasieva at $2.20
Australian Open Day 5 Matches To Bet On
Justine Henin at $1.34 to beat Svetlana Kuznetsova
Henin has an amazing 16-2 winning record head to head against Kuznetsova, and although she stumbled in her first round match against Sania Mirza losing the first set, she did a job on Elena Baltacha winning her second round match 6/1 6/3. Kuznetsova has been impressive so far winning both games in straight sets, but that head to head record is to much to get past and $1.34 is overs.
Venus Williams at $1.95 to beat Andrea Petkovic
Now be careful with this bet. At $1.95 I want to be on a fit and healthy Venus Williams but I am quoting Iasbet odds today and their rules regarding withdrawal or retirement due to injury would see my bet refunded. So if Williams retires from this game injured, we’ve sent our money around but we’ll get 100% of it back. This move only fails if Williams tries to battle through the injury to the end but still loses the game. Both Williams sisters have a reputation for retiring if they are injured, so I expect Williams to retire injured if she thinks she is likely to lose. Given that circumstance and the fact she would normally be about a $1.15 to beat Petkovic, then we have to be on at $1.95.
Maria Sharapova at $1.40 to beat Julia Goerges
Both players have only met once before and Sharapova won that game last year in straight sets. Goerges has been taken to 3 sets in both her matches so far and has played extremely well to win but this is a step to far and Sharapova should prevail again although this could go to 3 sets and I’m almost certain the first set will go down to a tie breaker.