Kornberg in charge of Caesars Foundation Floyd County
Josh Kornberg has been announced as executive director of the Caesars Foundation Floyd County.
Biz Journals reports that Kornberg will replace Jerry Finn, who will retire at the end of March.
Kornberg said in an interview that his start date is January 11.
He has spent his career so far in non-profit development.
He is currently the executive director for Ivy Tech Community College Sellersburg, a role he’s held since April 2018.
He joined Ivy Tech as an assistant director of development in September 2015.
His move into the executive director role of the charitable foundation for Caesars Southern Indiana Casino is his first in the nonprofit industry.
Kornberg holds a bachelor’s degree in communications from Indiana University Southeast; a master’s degree in business communication and a Doctor of Education from Spalding University.
“Caesar’s Foundation is what I would consider a philanthropic powerhouse in our community,” Kornberg said.
“It does just so many incredible things for so many nonprofits and small start up businesses.
“To have the opportunity to take that reach and do something for the broader community was very attractive to me.”
Finn will retire after 19 years of work with the foundation.
“We were so fortunate to have so many excellent applicants for the position,” treasurer of the Caesar Foundation Board and chief executive of Caesars Southern Indiana Brad Seigel said.
“It was a tough choice, but we are delighted to have Josh Kornberg accept the position.
Caesars Foundation of Floyd County was established in 1999 and has awarded $51.6 million to organisations in the county through annual grant cycles, scholarships and major grants from $60.5 million in contributions from Caesars Southern Indiana Casino.
Caesars to revamp New Orleans casino
A New Orleans casino is set for a major facelift after Caesars Entertainment announced it will spend $325 to redesign the resort and add a second town.
Calvin Ayre reported in December that Harrah’s New Orleans, owned by Caesars, is expected to undergo the transformation, due to be completed by 2024, if the development is approved by the city of New Orleans and the Louisiana Gaming Control Board.
In the announcement, Caesars chief executive Tom Reeg said: “As the only land-based gaming operator in the city, we take great pride in our 20-year history in New Orleans, and this reinvestment is a testament to our continued commitment.”
“We will continue to move this city forward and fuel our economic recovery, moving important projects that put people to work and entertain residents and visitors alike,” added LaToya Cantrell, Mayor of New Orleans.
“We are excited that this expansion will mean hundreds of construction jobs during the project and hundreds more in sustainable and new jobs post-construction.
“The addition of Caesars New Orleans will strengthen our city’s position as the top cultural and entertainment destination city in the nation.”
Louisiana legislature has already agreed to the plan, giving it permission when they extended the casino’s licence to 2054.
The expansion will allow for a 340-room hotel, a carport, facelift for existing features and new food and hospitality offerings.
More is expected to be announced in the future.
“What was shared today is only the beginning of a transformation that will bring new energy, excitement and fun to New Orleans,” general manager of Harrah’s New Orleans Samir Mowad said.
This is the first major renovation Caesars is pursuing since its acquisition by Eldorado Resorts in July.
That deal went for $17.3 billion and the merged company continues to go under the Caesars brand.
This renovation, removing the Harrah’s name for Caesars, helps further simplify branding for the company going forward.
“We are excited to introduce Caesars New Orleans to the city,” Mr Reeg said.