Tue, May 28, 8:53am by Staff Writer
The Four Seasons Macau is becoming a hot bed of criminal activity, with the Judiciary Police announcing two robbers have taken $382,000 in chips after a stunning May 24 morning raid.
Calvin Ayre is reporting that a croupier and a security guard were incapacitated by the robbers’ pepper spray and left the resort, who reported the crime to officials at 5.30am.
A force spokesman said officers went to the hotel after a call from a casino security worker.
He said it seemed “a security guard at the exit of the casino and a croupier inside the entertainment venue were attacked with pepper spray.”
In January last year, a debt ridden croupier stole HK$48 million worth of chips from a gambling table in the VIP lounge of a casino at Wynn Macau.
He instructed a female colleague not to make any noise before running out of the casino and fleeing on a motorcycle.
Two days later, the 49-year-old man and a male relative were arrested in connection with the robbery – one of the largest ever in the city.
The shocking robbery comes just two days after police met with the security department of the Venetian Macau resort hotel, the Sands China property connected to the Four Seasons Macau – and the local casino regulator, the Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau.
The purpose of the meeting was to coordinate faster response times to any major incident.
It didn’t appear to do much good in this case however.
Four men were recently stabbed outside the Four Seasons, and a report that casino related crime is up 14 per cent in Macau does little to paint a positive picture for the region.
When that report came out, the police stressed that the increase in crime would not affect the average Macau resident, as the increase is specific to the casino industry.
They likely didn’t expect an attack so brazen as the one on the morning of May 24 to help stoke fears further.
— CalvinAyre.com (@CalvinAyreNews) May 27, 2019
Sihanoukville provincial authorities are ready to crank up the bulldozers and level a Chinese casino, the Jin Ding Hotel and Casino, that refuses to close.
The venue is operating without a licence since last April and has reportedly been polluting an adjacent beach on its home of Koh Rong Samloem Island.
Residents have started to report the casino to authorities who don’t want the island to be a repeat of the Boracay Island fiasco in the Philippines.
The venue has already been ordered to shut down its operations several times, but the owner, Zhou Jianhua, won’t comply.
Sihanoukville city officials are now reaching the end of their patience and a spokesman, Kheang Phyrum, asserts, “we will forcefully demolish the casino and file a complaint to the court. The casino has operated without a licence and there are no permits from local authorities. Those two reasons are enough.”
However, as much as authorities might want to have fun with the heavy machinery, things aren’t quite that easy.
Getting the equipment to the island is logistically difficult, as it would recruit bringing in boats capable of carrying the forty-tonne vehicles.
Sihanoukville is home to 70 casinos and most of them have popped up in the past two years.
Locals are concerned about the growth, especially given that, for the most part, they are excluded from the venues – for pleasure or for work.
Since Cambodians cannot legally gamble, they’re not allowed inside the venues and the casinos, therefore, target Chinese gamblers on the other side of the border.
As such, unless a Cambodian speaks Chinese, finding employment in one of the operations is difficult and the casinos bring in foreign, Chinese-language speakers to run the show.
SenSen Networks has had the quality of its latest gaming solution confirmed by international evaluators. Proactive Investors is reporting that SenSen networks…
Less than a year after MGM Springfield’s historic opening, the state’s second resort casino is set to open this weekend. After months…
Another wild and wooly Saturday night in Las Vegas, where a couple more bracelets were handed out at the Rio Casino, with…