The #1 Resource for aussie gambling!
  • Safe & Secure Sites
  • 100's of Free Games
  • Expert Casino Reviews

The #1 Resource for aussie gambling!

Trio of lucky punters share Powerball prize

Mon, Sep 23, 5:38pm by Staff Writer

Lottery officials have revealed the location where a mystery Queensland shopper purchased their $50 million dollar winning ticket.

9 News reports that an inner-city Brisbane man and a Sydney dad are multi millionaires after taking home a share of Thursday’s record breaking $150m Powerball draw.

However, a mystery Ipswich shopper is yet to come forward.

As the Queensland entry was not registered, officials have no way to contact the ticket holder.

The Lott officials this morning revealed the third, currently unclaimed division one winning entry was sold at newsXpress Brassall, Shop 16 Brassall Shopping Village, Hunter Street, Brassall.

Anyone who purchased an entry into Powerball draw 1218 from newsXpress Brassall is urged to check their ticket immediately.

“Oh my god! I can’t believe it,” NewsXpress Brassall owner Devinder Bassie said.

“Everyone has been wondering where it was sold and I can’t wait to let everyone know it was us.

“I’m hoping it is a local to the area and a regular customer, but we are thrilled for whoever holds that winning ticket.”

The two other winners, from in Brisbane and Sydney, quickly came forward to claim their prizes.

The three shared the first division prize of $150 million, meaning they each take home $50 million.

The winning numbers were 26, 4, 17, 5, 18, 8 and 31, and the Powerball was 9.

While the trio were the only division one winners, there were 4,648,101 other wins across other divisions, who collectively took home more than $81.87 million.

There were 18 division two winners, who won almost $126,000 each.

It is the highest jackpot since the last record was set with a $100 million draw in August last year.

In January, yet another lottery record was broken when one Sydney woman won the entire division one prize pool of $107 million.

Victorian couple claim Powerball prize

A young Macedon Ranges family has begun “fantasising about the future” after confirming their $36.6 million Powerball win in July.

The Lott is reporting they were one of three division one winning entries nationally in last Thursday’s record breaking $110 million Powerball draw, draw 1209 on Thursday, July 18.

There was one winner from South Australia, Victoria and New South Wales, each taking home $36,666,666.67.

The Victorian couple was the last of the winning ticketholders from last Thursday’s Powerball draw to claim their prize.

The other division one winners were a young Adelaide man and a Sydney couple.

As their entry was not registered to a Tatts card, Tatts had no way of contacting the ticketholder and had to wait for them to make contact.

When an official from the Lott confirmed their multi-million-dollar win first thing Sunday morning, the self described “everyday couple” were initially too stunned to speaker before they finally dissolved into hysterical laughter.

“Say it again!” the winning woman asked.

“Umm, yeah! I have no words!” the man added.

“We checked our entry yesterday. We just kept looking at the numbers. I was saying “the numbers are not in the same order as the computer” so I wasn’t sure if the order mattered or not and whether we’d really won,” she said.

“You never know until you get it confirmed!

“It’s funny. We were talking on Friday night and he was talking about what he would do if he won the lottery.

“I said ‘stop planning your life around winning the lottery’.

“We’re everyday people but I feel we’ve already won the lottery with our family.

“We had no idea we’d just won Powerball!”

The happy man shared he usually purchased an entry when the Powerball jackpot started to soar.

“I’ve been playing with the dream that one day I might win division two or something like that. This is just a bit more than that!

“It’s mind-blowing. It’s life-altering. It means I can give my family everything they need. It’s amazing! It really is.”


More News

  • Cash withdrawn from Star in question
    Cash withdrawn from Star in question

    A cash withdrawal of $100,000 was allegedly made from a casino gaming fund linked to a Chinese billionaire. Yahoo News reports the…

  • Australian Gambling stats report released
    Australian Gambling stats report released

    The 35th edition of the Queensland Treasury’s gambling statistics have been released, covering the 2017-18 year. The Australian Gambling Statistics document dates…

  • Lawmakers mull pokies changes
    Lawmakers mull pokies changes

    There are ongoing debates about whether financial institutions or government agencies should be able to dictate how people pay for their pokies…

See All News