Wed, Nov 4, 2:16pm by Ethan Anderson
Last Updated Tue, Oct 8, 1:00am
A brief list of some of the features at our top online poker room – Intertops
1. Intertops.com – The best choice for Australian players – fully regulated, offering a bonus for new players of up to AUD $1000, and featuring all of the most popular games such as Texas Hold’em and Omaha. Intertops is busy during the time of day we want to play, and while other poker sites may boast huge numbers, but those big numbers come while we’re asleep.
2. PartyPoker – Party Poker prides itself on the variety of tournament play it offers. Its tournament play is split into divisions for featherweight, middleweight and heavyweight with a variety of buy in options. It also offers a weekly main event tournament on Sundays, as well as High Rollers tournaments
3. Bet Online – BetOnline offers over $250,000 in guaranteed tournaments each month. They typically have large weekend tournaments as well as monthly leaderboard challenges. Sit n’ Go Tournaments are also popular with payouts for these guaranteed at $50,000.
Sick and tired of playing against tight nits at the cash tables? The loosest cash games are as follows:
1. Tiger Gaming – This place is swarming with fish. They actively discourage the big-time players, while the grinders were scared away years ago. What’s left is a lot of inexperienced poker players, enjoying a casual game. What that means for you is opportunity. With matched first deposit up to $2500, you can make a tidy profit in a relatively short time if you know how the play your cards right.
2. Party Poker – Originally known as a donk fest, things have eased up a little bit in that regard since the Americans left. That being said, most of the players here still have no clue as to what they are doing. A few years ago I played online poker for the first time and this is where I played at. In my third tournament ever, I won over $600. I would have won the tournament and over $2,000 had it not been for the fact I didn’t know A-5 was a straight. That goes to show you how terrible they are if they can’t beat a noob like I was.
You will find that there is a direct correlation between the biggest and best tourneys, with the size of the poker rooms. If you have forgotten already, here are the best places for poker tournaments.
3. Tiger Gaming
If you use e-wallets like Neteller and Moneybookers, you will find your experience almost the same in regard to banking options. Where the difference is though is in the cash out to your bank account. I have done this many, many times and I have found these as the best options by far:
1. Intertops – The guys are renowned for speed when it comes to getting your money back. Using Neteller or Skrill, they will aim to have the money in your accoutn within 24 hours.
2. BetOnline – BetOnline says they offer same day payments in seven different methods. We haven;t tested every different method in terms of Australian accounts, but they did seem to be very quick.
Promotions can differ greatly from room to room and this factor is what sets it apart from their competition. Obviously the biggest poker sites run the biggest promotions. With that being said, the smaller rooms run more unique promotions to get more players in the door. These promotions can also offer great value for the astute player. Below I have provided a mix of the best poker rooms for promotions:
1. Party Poker – With a bad beat jackpot that can win you a life changing amount of money and a $1 million hand they cannot be excluded from this list.
2. Tiger Gaming – Tiger offer Bad Beat Jackpots, Leaderboard Challenges and a free roll $5000 tournament entry for new depositers