Get a $1200 Bonus and 20 Free Spins at Couch Potato Pokies at RoyalVegasCasino.com
Couch Potato is one of Microgaming’s classic-style pokies. The game has just three reels and one pay line, which makes for an easily-understood set of rules and laid back gameplay. Couch Potato allows between one and three coin wagers on its single pay line; the more credits bet, the larger the player’s potential rewards.
The Couch Potato poker machine, as the name implies, features a strange main character, the lazy Couch Potato himself. The poker machine’s top prize is a fixed jackpot of 15,000 credits, only available to players who wager three coins per spin. The same prize for single coin spins is 2,000 credits, while two-coin bettors can win 5,000 credits.
Free Play – Couch Potato
On Your Mobile? Click Here to Play
This is one of Microgaming’s simplest pokies to play, with a small collection of game symbols, an easy-to-read pay table, and just one pay line and three reels to watch for winning combos. But the game isn’t entirely without features – this classic Microgaming pokie does include a wild symbol that also multiplies wins by as much as 25x when it is used as part of a winning combination.
Because Couch Potato doesn’t have a progressive prize, it is available for free play at most Microgaming-powered online casinos. Available denominations for bets range from a low of $0.01 up to $25 per credit; since players can bet between one and three coins, this game’s maximum wager amount is a hefty $75 each time the reels spin. At the $75-per-spin level, the game’s top jackpot of 25,000 credits puts $375,000 in the bettor’s pocket, a very high pay out for a three reel single pay line classic poker machine.
Like most slot games, online or otherwise, winning combinations only pay out from left to right, and only in consecutive order. Winnings are paid out on one combination per spin; the game automatically pays out the largest possible prize for each symbol combo.
The Couch Potato himself is the game’s wild symbol, and it can substitute for all other symbols in the game. This wild symbol also multiplies the payout of all winning combos that it completes by a power of 5x. Gamblers lucky enough to builds a combo with two Couch Potato wild symbols see their win multiplied by the largest amount in the game – a 25x multiplier that can swell the value of even the smallest credit wins. It isn’t possible to land more than two wild Couch Potato symbols; three Couch Potato symbols on the reels indicate the game’s top prize, not a three-symbol wild round.
Many Microgaming titles, including Couch Potato, offer two distinct modes of play. The two versions of play are called “Regular Mode” and “Expert Mode”. As the name implies, “Regular Mode” is the standard poker machine game without any additional features. Players who want to control more game options or switch to AutoPlay mode have to select “Expert Mode.”
Couch Potato’s “Expert Mode” has a number of additional features not found in “Regular Mode.” Bettors interested in setting up AutoPlay can do so as part of “Expert Mode.” This way of playing lets the bettor set a specific number of spins, which play out consecutively without the need for the bettor’s interaction with the game itself. Multiple options control the way AutoPlay works, and it’s important to set the game up exactly the way you want it before it starts spinning all on its one. Players in “Expert Mode” first choose the number of auto spins they want, in units of between five and ten spins. Other options during
- the ability to select the amount of time that ticks of between automatic spins of the reels, in number of seconds. Bettors can change the delay time between automatic spins from zero to as many as ten seconds; if you want a longer time to examine each auto spin to see if you’ve won and want to stop playing automatically, you should choose a longer delay. The game provides a drop-down menu or you can enter the amount of time you want for the delay manually
- the ability to change the automatic stop settings. Players can either choose to have the game stop once all their auto spins are over or after a specific number of spins of the reels.
- the ability to stop the game’s automatic version every time a jackpot is won.
- the ability to stop the auto spins if a jackpot equal to or exceeding a given amount is won. You can choose predetermined jackpot settings from the drop-down menu or enter your own amount manually
- the ability to stop the game’s automatic spinning for any win, including multiplier amounts and any other winning features not technically considered a jackpot
- the ability to stop the auto spinning if your credit total increases by a set amount
- the ability to stop the game’s reels from spinning automatically if the player’s total credit amount decreases by a specific amount.
A rather traditional set of symbols is used on Microgaming’s traditional-style poker machine: red sevens, bar sevens, triple bars, double bars, single bars, and cherries. With so few symbols to learn, gamblers looking for a simpler pokie game than the complex modern video bonus titles should feel comfortable playing this single-pay line title.
The smallest win in the game comes from the appearance of a single cherry symbol on any of the three reels. The game’s biggest payout occurs when three Couch Potato symbols line up.
Single-coin bettors win prizes between 2 and 2,000 credits. Two-coin bettors can win between 4 and 5,000 credits. Three-coin wagers are the largest allowed in the game and pay out between 6 and 15,000 credits. Obviously, the designer of this pokie wants to encourage players to bet three credits per spin, and since Couch Potato is available at denominations as low as $0.01, it is advices that bettors stick to three credit wagers, even if they have to select a slightly smaller credit value than they’d normally play.