NRL Finals Best Bets – Week 2
Fri, Sep 18, 10:53am by Kevin Pitstock
Eels v Titans – SFS 7:45pm
- Team news: The Eels have lost centre Krisnan Inu for the match with Jonathan Wright coming in to replace him. The Eels have no other injury concerns. The Titans are in trouble with Mat Rogers, Preston Campbell and William Zillman all in doubt for the match. Zillman is rated the least likely to play.
- Game news: The Titans will have to be at their absolute best to get near the red-hot Eels. If Campbell or Rogers are ruled out, I’d say it’s curtains for them in this match and for 2009. The Eels should be able to exert some pressure through their forwards and rely on the brilliance of Hayne and Mortimer to get points. The Titans gave up plenty of points to the Broncos last week and again I am expecting a high scoring game. Away from home and against the form team of the competition, the Titans are up against it and could get blown away. Eels comfortably.
- Tip: Eels by 16
- Odds: Eels – $1.40, Titans – $2.90
- Footy TAB: Titans +8.5
- Best bets: Safety – Eels Value Bet – Eels 13+
Broncos v Dragons – Suncorp Stadium 7:45pm
- Team news: The Broncos have no injury concerns and should be 1-17 for this match. The Dragons should also be 1-17 with Matt Cooper and Justin Poore training strongly.
- Game news: The Dragons were steamrolled by the in-form Eels last week while the Broncos were gifted a win by the Titans and their costly errors at crucial stages of the match. The Broncos will have a harder time scoring this week and the Dragons should bounce back to their best form. The Broncos have never won a finals game at Suncorp and Bennett tips the scales the Dragons’ way for this game.
- Tip: Dragons by 8
- Odds: Broncos – $2.00, Dragons – $1.80
- Footy TAB: Broncos +1.5
- Best bets: Safety – Dragons +12.5 Value Bet – Dragons 1-12