Wed, May 12, 7:08pm by Kevin Pitstock
We are going to change things up this week. If you just want the NRL round 10 odds, predictions and tips then it is presented to you just below. If you want the full blown story then you can read all about it further down.
Let’s hope this week is big for us punters, as I’ve seen a few of the big punters take a beating in recent times.
These odds come courtesy as what I recommend as Australia’s best online bookmaker, Sportsbet.
Head to Head Betting
Brisbane Broncos: $1.87
Gold Coast Titans: $1.95
Canterbury Bulldogs: $2.60
St George Illawarra Dragons: $1.50
New Zealand Warriors: $1.40
North Queensland Cowboys: $2.95
Canberra Raiders: $2.30
Melbourne Storm: $1.62
Sydney Roosters: $1.90
Newcastle Knights: $1.90
Wests Tigers: $1.75
South Sydney Rabbitohs: $2.08
Cronulla Sharks: $2.75
Penrith Panthers: $1.45
Manly Sea Eagles: $1.57
Parramatta Eels: $2.40
Brisbane Broncos: $1.91 (-0.5)
Gold Coast Titans: $1.91 (+0.5)
Canterbury Bulldogs: $1.91 (+6.0)
St George Illawarra Dragons: $1.91 (-6.0)
New Zealand Warriors: $1.91 (-7.5)
North Queensland Cowboys: $1.91 (+7.5)
Canberra Raiders: $1.91 (+3.5)
Melbourne Storm: $1.91 (-3.5)
Sydney Roosters: $1.95 (-0.5)
Newcastle Knights: $1.85 (+0.5)
Wests Tigers: $1.92 (-2.5)
South Sydney Rabbitohs: $1.90 (+2.5)
Cronulla Sharks: $1.91 (+6.5)
Penrith Panthers: $1.91 (-6.5)
Manly Sea Eagles: $1.91 (-4.5)
Parramatta Eels: $1.91 (+4.5)
Brisbane Broncos: $3.25
Gold Coast Titans: $3.40
Canterbury Bulldogs: $4.05
St George Illawarra Dragons: $3.15
New Zealand Warriors: $3.20
North Queensland Cowboys: $4.50
Canberra Raiders: $3.65
Melbourne Storm: $3.00
Sydney Roosters: $3.25
Newcastle Knights: $3.25
Wests Tigers: $3.20
South Sydney Rabbitohs: $3.45
Cronulla Sharks: $4.25
Penrith Panthers: $3.10
Manly Sea Eagles: $3.00
Parramatta Eels: 3.70
Brisbane Broncos: $4.00
Gold Coast Titans: $4.25
Canterbury Bulldogs: $6.25
St George Illawarra Dragons: $2.70
New Zealand Warriors: $2.35
North Queensland Cowboys: $7.00
Canberra Raiders: $5.75
Melbourne Storm: $3.20
Sydney Roosters: $4.25
Newcastle Knights: $4.25
Wests Tigers: $3.75
South Sydney Rabbitohs: $4.65
Cronulla Sharks: $6.75
Penrith Panthers: $2.60
Manly Sea Eagles: $3.10
Parramatta Eels: $5.75
Brisbane Broncos vs Gold Coast Titans Lineups
1. Josh Hoffman, 2. Antonio Winterstein, 3. Alex Glenn, 4. Israel Folau, 5. Jharal Yow Yeh, 6. Darren Lockyer, 7. Peter Wallace, 8. Shane Tronc, 9. Ben Hunt, 10. Lagi Setu, 11. Ben Te’o, 12. Sam Thaiday, 13. Corey Parker,14. Gerard Beale, 15. Matt Gillett, 16. Mitchell Dodds, 17. Nick Kenny, 18. Corey Norman. (1 to be omitted).
1. Preston Campbell, 2. Kevin Gordon, 3. Clinton Toopi, 4. Joseph Tomane, 5. David Mead, 6. Greg Bird, 7. Scott Prince, 8. Luke Bailey, 9. Nathan Friend, 10. Brad Meyers, 11. Anthony Laffranchi, 12. Mark Minichiello, 13. Ashley Harrison, 14. Matthew White, 15. Michael Henderson, 16. Sam Tagataese, 17. William Zillman.
Canterbury Bulldogs vs St George Illawarra Dragons Lineups
1. Luke Patten, 2. Steve Turner, 3. Josh Morris, 4. Jamal Idris, 5. Bryson Goodwin, 6. Blake Green, 7. Brett Kimmorley, 8. Chris Armit, 9. Michael Ennis, 10. Michael Hodgson, 11. Gary Warburton, 12. Andrew Ryan, 13. David Stagg, 14. Mickey Paea, 15. Dene Halatau, 16. Yileen Gordon, 17. Benjamin Barba, 19. Tim Browne. (1 to be omitted).
1. Darius Boyd, 2. Brett Morris, 3. Matt Prior, 4. Matt Cooper, 5. Jason Nightingale, 6. Jamie Soward, 7. Ben Hornby, 8. Dan Hunt, 9. Luke Priddis, 10. Michael Weyman, 11. Neville Costigan, 12. Ben Creagh, 13. Dean Young, 14. Jon Green, 15. Nick Emmett, 16. Trent Merrin, 17. Michael Greenfield.
New Zealand Warriors vs North Queensland Cowboys Lineups
1. Lance Hohaia, 2. Kevin Locke, 3. Brent Tate, 4. Jerome Ropati, 5. Manu Vatuvei, 6. James Maloney, 7. Brett Seymour, 8. Sam Rapira, 9. Aaron Heremaia, 10. Mataupu Poching, 11. Simon Mannering, 12. Ukuma Ta’ai, 13. Micheal Luck, 14. Ian Henderson, 15. Ben Matulino, 16. Jeremy Latimore, 17. Russell Packer, 18. Jesse Royal. (1 to be omitted).
1. Matthew Bowen, 2. John Williams, 3. Ashley Graham, 4. Willie Tonga, 5. Michael Bani, 6. Grant Rovelli, 7. Michael Morgan, 8. Matthew Scott, 9. Aaron Payne, 10. James Tamou, 11. Scott Bolton, 12. Willie Mason, 13. Leeson Ah Mau, 14. Anthony Watts, 15. Dane Hogan, 16. Manase Manuokafoa, 17. Antonio Kaufusi.
Canberra Raiders vs Melbourne Storm Team Lineups
1. Josh Dugan, 2. Brett Kelly, 3. Jarrod Croker, 4. Joel Thompson, 5. Daniel Vidot, 6. Terry Campese, 7. Josh McCrone, 8. Dane Tilse, 9. Glen Buttriss, 10. David Shillington, 11. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, 12. Bronson Harrison, 13. Trevor Thurling, 14. Travis Waddell, 15. Joe Picker, 16. Troy Thompson, 17. Scott Logan, 18. Sam Mataora. (1 to be omitted).
1. Billy Slater, 2. Matthew Duffie, 3. Dane Nielsen, 4. Greg Inglis, 5. Anthony Quinn, 6. Brett Finch, 7. Cooper Cronk, 8. Bryan Norrie, 9. Ryan Hinchcliffe, 10. Jeff Lima, 11. Adam Blair, 12. Ryan Hoffman, 13. Todd Lowrie, 14. Rory Kostjasyn, 15. Kevin Proctor, 16. Ryan Tandy, 17. Brett White, 18. Sika Manu. (1 to be omitted).
Sydney Roosters vs Newcastle Knights Team Liineups
1. Anthony Minichiello, 2. Phil Graham, 3. Ben Jones, 4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall, 5. Sam Perrett, 6. Braith Anasta, 7. Todd Carney, 8. Jason Ryles, 9. James Aubusson, 10. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, 11. Nate Myles, 12. Mitchell Aubusson, 13. Frank Paul Nuuausala, 14. Daniel Conn, 15. Lopini Paea, 16. Jake Friend, 17. Nick Kouparitsas.
1. Kurt Gidley, 2. Akuila Uate, 3. Junior Sau, 4. Keith Lulia, 5. Cooper Vuna, 6. Ben Rogers, 7. Scott Dureau, 8. Ben Cross, 9. Isaac De Gois, 10. Daniel Tolar, 11. Steve Simpson, 12. Cory Paterson, 13. Mark Taufua, 14. Matt Hilder, 15. Cameron Ciraldo, 16. Richard Fa’aoso, 17. Evarn Tuimavave.
Wests Tigers vs South Sydney Rabbitohs Team Lineups
1. Beau Ryan, 2. Lote Tuqiri, 3. Blake Ayshford, 4. Chris Lawrence, 5. Daniel Fitzhenry, 6. Benji Marshall, 7. Robert Lui, 8. Bryce Gibbs, 9. Robbie Farah, 10. Keith Galloway, 11. Todd Payten, 12. Gareth Ellis, 13. Chris Heighington, 14. Andrew Fifita, 15. Liam Fulton, 16. Mark Flanagan, 17. Mitch Brown, 18. Junior Moors. (1 to be omitted).
1. Rhys Wesser, 2. Nathan Merritt, 3. Colin Best, 4. Beau Champion, 5. Fetuli Talanoa, 6. John Sutton, 7. Chris Sandow, 8. Luke Stuart, 9. Issac Luke, 10. Roy Asotasi, 11. Sam Burgess, 12. Dave Taylor, 13. Ben Lowe, 14. Scott Geddes, 15. Shannan McPherson, 16. Eddy Pettybourne, 17. Jason Clark.
Cronulla Sharks vs Penrith Panthers Team Lineups
1. Nathan Gardner, 2. Blake Ferguson, 3. Dean Collis, 4. Taulima Tautai, 5. Isaac Gordon, 6. Trent Barrett, 7. Tim Smith, 8. Kade Snowden, 9. John Morris, 10. Luke Douglas, 11. Grant Millington, 12. Anthony Tupou, 13. Paul Gallen, 14. Adam Cuthbertson, 15. Broderick Wright, 16. Paul Aiton, 17. Siosaia Vave.
1. Lachlan Coote, 2. Michael Gordon, 3. Michael Jennings, 4. Adrian Purtell, 5. Shane Elford, 6. Travis Burns, 7. Luke Walsh, 8. Tim Grant, 9. Kevin Kingston, 10. Petero Civoniceva, 11. Trent Waterhouse, 12. Frank Pritchard, 13. Luke Lewis, 14. Nathan Smith, 15. Masada Iosefa, 16. Matthew Bell, 17. Sam McKendry, 18. Wade Graham, 20. Gavin Cooper. (2 to be omitted).
Manly Sea Eagles vs Parramatta Eels Team Lineups
1. Ben Farrar, 2. Michael Robertson, 3. Jamie Lyon, 4. Steve Matai, 5. Tony Williams, 6. Kieran Foran, 7. Trent Hodkinson, 8. Jason King, 9. Matt Ballin, 10. Josh Perry, 11. Anthony Watmough, 12. Shane Rodney, 13. Glenn Stewart, 14. Joe Galuvao, 15. Brent Kite, 16. Matthew Cross, 17. Chris Bailey.
1. Jarryd Hayne, 2. Luke Burt, 3. Joel Reddy, 4. Timana Tahu, 5. Krisnan Inu, 6. Kris Keating, 7. Daniel Mortimer, 8. Nathan Cayless, 9. Jeff Robson, 10. Fuifui Moimoi, 11. Nathan Hindmarsh, 12. Ben Smith, 13. Feleti Mateo, 14. Matthew Keating, 15. Tim Mannah, 16. Justin Horo, 17. Justin Poore.
The NRL round 10 action kicks off this week and we sure do have a few games that could go either way. The upsets continued to rain down last week in the split round.
Last Friday night we had the two representative games on. I picked both of those games, but didn’t perform too well in the rest.
Australia were always going to be too strong for the Kiwis, and that showed at the brand new AAMI stadium on a drizzly Friday night.
In the City vs Country game the city slickers jumped out to a 12-0 lead but were run down by the country bumpkins, who might have had a could of orginal calls up come out of the game. The most notable performance was the halves combination of Carney and Bird.
NRL Games Friday 14th May, 2010
This game really could go either way. I’m not going to be betting on this one. If you know something I don’t then you might be able to get some value here. The Broncos went to Melbourne last week and thrashed an understrength Storm outfit. Up until then they had been labouring at the bottom of the ladder and showing little to no promise.
The Titans seem to be grinding out wins in tough, brutal matches. They don’t seem to be performing that well, but seem to be going home with the bacon.
My prediction is that the Titans will run out of steam here, similar to the Storm last week against the Broncos. It’s too hard to tell if the Broncos are capable of stringing a couple of wins together, but overall they don’t have a great deal of depth in their squad.
Broncos to get up in a close one.
The Bulldogs have had an up and down season in 2010. If they play to their full potential they are capable of beating almost any team in the NRL competition.
The Dragons are the number one team in this Rugby League competition at this point in time. They were flogged last outing in the split week and will look to have a massive improvement with their representative players back.
The Dragons won’t lose two in a row. The Dragons will put a solid performance together here.
NRL Games Saturday 15th May, 2010
The Warriors put in a couple of poor perfomances before having the bye last week. They were flogged by the Storm and then capitulated at home against the Panthers. The bye has given them time to refocus and bring back their a-game.
The Cowboys are a team that I haven’t given much credit too in the NRL 2010 season. It is now round 10 and they have finally impressed me. I didn’t think they were capable of causing an upset against the Roosters last week. They will be looking to carry that form into New Zealand this week.
I’m going for an upset in this one. The warriors do play much better at home but their form of late is nothing short of terrible. Look for the cowboys to cause another upset in this one.
Best Bet: North Queensland Cowboys to upset the warriors. If you’re a punter with a bit of gusto get all over it on Sportsbet at $2.95.
The Raiders are a formiddable outfit at home, and are coming off a bye as well. They were unlucky to lose against the Rabbitohs a couple of weeks back, but need to improve their second half performances.
The Storm finally had their melt down. I thought it was going to be the week before at the Cowboys, but it was last week against the Broncos. They had all their representative players out and couldn’t cope under the pressure.
The Raiders are tough when they play at home. They have more strength this year than they have had in seasons gone by. I think they will be able to rise to the occasion and take advantage of the Storm who I think are losing momentum and motivation.
This is a game between the two most unpredictable teams in Rugby League at the moment. The Roosters somehow managed to miraculously defeat the Tigers away from home, after being rightly smashed by the Dragons the previous week.
The Knights were shut out by the hapless Sharks a few weeks back, but came from behind to beat the Broncos last Friday night.
My tip is for the Roosters to be too strong at home in this one. Both teams are unable to work out what team is going to show up, but my best bet is on the Roosters doing a better job because they are at home.
If I had to make a prediction, I’d say this is going to be a free flowing game with lots of points scored.
NRL Games Sunday 16th May, 2010
The Tigers have a team with a lot of potential, but are lacking the killer instinct at crucial parts of the game. Their big players need to make a stand and get their team to pick up the points instead of fading away.
The Rabbits seem to be doing the opposite. They aren’t playing well, and at times have been made to look silly. That being said they are in the top eight and keep picking up the points.
I think the Tigers will hand the Rabbitohs a flogging this week. Souths have been punching above their weight and the Tigers are due for an attacking spree. Their vicitm is going to be some slayable bunnies.
The Sharks got a win on the board before being taken to town by the Dragons. The bye has given them time to regroup in preparation for a red hot Panthers team.
The Panthers won 4 in a row before their loss two weeks ago. They also had the bye last week so will be refreshed.
This will be closer than what most people think. The Panthers will return to winning for and pick up the two points, but the Sharks will hold their own for a fair portion of the game.
NRL on Monday 17th May, 2010
Manly were the second team to beat the Dragons this year and displayed a complete performance to their fans. They are at home again and will be looking to do the same thing to the Eels.
Parramatta have had a week off and will be travelling to Manly to try and get their season back on track. They have only been a shadow of the team that made a run to the finals in the NRL 2009 season, and look more like the team from the early stages.
The Sea Eagles will put another fine performance together this week and will solidify their position in the top four. Look for Manly to come out all guns blazing.
NRL Round 10 Best Bets
As I mentioned above, my best best in round 10 of the NRL Rugby League is for the Cowboys to give the Warriors a run for their money on New Zealand turf. Fat odds of $2.95 are available to you at Sportsbet if you want to have a punt.
My other best bet of the round is for the Tigers to tear apart the Rabbitohs. I’m going to put my money where my mouth is and get on them by picking the margin of 13+. I’m getting on at sportsbet who are giving me $3.75.
That’s it for this week, if you liked this article and want to keep up to date with the Rugby League action then become a fan of our new Australian Gambling facebook page.
Now go and back a winner.
The Palms Casino Resort just closed down its outdoor pool area for a massive renovation. EDM Tunes reports that the renovation is…
Mohegan Gaming & Entertainment is set to become the first tribal casino operator on the Las Vegas Strip after entering into a…
The Alice Springs’ Crowne Plaza Lasseters was fined $18,000 for housing drunk players in its halls. Tunf reports the Alice’s strict policies…